RESEARCHERS' NIGHT: The Greek Events
The main objective of the ReN project is to bring researchers closer to the Greek society aiming to attract more young people into research careers and to contribute in creating a more favorite environment for the researchers. Therefore, the aim of the ReN project is to enhance the public recognition of researchers and their role in Greek society.
The target group for this activity is the large public in Greece, without any distinction of social categories, educational level, gender, age, etc. Different subcategories like kids, teen-agers, young people, adults, teachers, parents, “ordinary people”, researchers, entrepreneurs, politicians are to be reached as parts of the general public.
The expected results are summarized as follows:
- Contribution in structuring a public recognition of researchers and their role in Greek society.
- Promotion of the better understanding among the general public that researchers are a “normal category of population”, like people we meet in our every day life.
- Attraction of the young people in professions related to the new sciences and innovative technologies.
- Create synergies with other relative European initiatives, like ERA-MORE Network
- Continuation of the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 Researchers Night initiate in national level and enhancement of so the far impact.
The objectives of ReN project are in line with the general objective of EC HRM policy. Most of the partners organizing the 5 events are members of the Greek Network of Mobility Centres giving the opportunity for greater visibility to the Network and the National Mobility Portal.